Reporting to the company’s Vice President of Operations for a world-class global leader of produce. As a private company with 7,500 associates. Grows, distributes or supplies more than 65 organic, USA-grown crops under several major brands as well as associated frozen products & vegetable ingredients. Well diversified and positioned for future growth. Committed to caring for customers and employees, honoring sustainable practices and preserving natural resources for future generations. Family is important. Support at home enables focus at work.
The Director of Warehouse Operations
responsible for overseeing corporate warehousing operations. Develops and executes strategic warehouse operations plan, budget & forecasting methodology. National warehousing operations for a family of companies with a focus on exceptional customer service and driving efficiencies and best practices across 6 warehouse facilities across multiple states. Manages a staff of 5 direct and 450 indirect reports in a fast-paced environment. Warehouse operations spend of over $40 million. Defines and executes warehouse optimization and ensures adherence to key governmental regulations. Monitors and reports key metrics. Collaborates with the transportation, procurement, production, sales and farming teams to make sure warehouse operations supports objectives of increasing revenues, optimizing spend, and maximizing profitability. Travel is 10-15%.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- “Hands On’ Warehousing and shipping (10 years)
- Managed warehouse operations spend ($15 million)
- Produce (strongly preferred) or fast turn highly perishable refrigerated warehousing and shipping (5 years)
- Managed complex and multiple warehousing networks
- Budgeting, forecasting and all aspects of financial reporting.
- Understands transportation modes (i.e. Truck, rail, air & ocean) for both domestic & international freight
- Selected, implemented, and experienced with automated Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Led long-term warehousing strategy planning and identified equipment and technology upgrade opportunities
- Managed capital expenditure planning, budgeting and execution
- Defined and overseen robust documentation process
- Warehouses contract negotiations and management
- Assessed warehouse operations and ensured operational flexibility in a fast-paced, high turn WHSE operation.
- Developed KPIs & metrics (i.e. warehousing efficiency, inventory management, customer service)
- Personnel management (Hired, trained, supervised, mentored & terminated)
- Familiar with government regulations (FDA, CFR 49 compliance, DOT, OSHA, FMCSR, CSA, ELD, FSMA)
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Southern California (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Produce or food production
- Advanced education- MBA or other master’s degree
- Familiar with automated Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Built inter-departmental relationships and teamwork fostering a collaborative approach.
- Customer service focused
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation and communication at all levels
- Influenced effectively at all levels of the organization and externally with consultants and vendors.
- Conflict resolution
- Proven change management and transformation
- Worked independently in staff position across departmental lines of authority.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.107Click here to apply online