Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Director of UK Operations
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and inspiring leader for our Operations in the UK. Reporting directly to the VP of European Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for optimizing business performance in the precision machining, fabrication, assembly and treatment of metallic components and assemblies operations of all Company facilities across the UK operations.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Be the figurehead for Operational Excellence.
- Provide leadership to the operations organization including the customer facing element of Program Management.
- Oversee the leadership team and provide strategic guidance.
- Ensure compliance with QSHE standards.
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring to the senior management team.
- Champion of the group’s vision, values and standards.
- Oversee materials management.
- Ensuring that all customer programs are in delivered OTIF.
- Put a robust manufacturing plan in place that will aid in financial planning, operational planning and NPI activities.
- Capacity, capability, resources, time, material cost etc.
- Liaise with both UK and other global Magellan sites to efficiently plan and deliver the work transfer process.
- Ensuring that any external resources utilised are capable and effective in delivering any subcontracted services required.
- With the support of the SMT, ensure that there is a lean and CI culture to support operation efficiencies.
- Ensure production planning is aligned to the customer programme and that all jobs are started on time.
- Keep stores / material planning lean and efficient – minimise inventory where possible.
- You must achieve full compliance with the Magellan Operating System (MOS) which governs metrics, processes and procedures across all functions.
- Drive data integrity and the use of all business systems including, ERP, H&S, HR, Quality, Engineering and Maintenance.
- Planning & Financial
- Forecasting & Reporting.
- Resource planning.
- Budgetary management.
- Managing the sign-off process for all spend, escalating where necessary.
- Ensure assets are maintained to deliver maximum OEE.
- Submit business case and justification for investments.
- Have a broad view of all CAPEX programmes across the group.
- Ensure that all activities comply with HSE standards.
New Product Introduction
- Manage customer programmes and make appropriate plans.
- Coordinate NPI activities (with support of the SMT).
- Ensure all activities are completed OTIF.
Product & Process Development
- Assess “current state” and plan a suitable level of improvement initiatives, educating the workforce where necessary, “tempering” communications to suit employee demographic.
- Establishment and delivery of a programme of improvement activities that generate quality, cost, delivery and safety output improvements.
- Implement modern / advanced manufacturing and engineering tools and methodologies.
- Relevant Degree qualification (Business Management/Engineering/
- Progressive career history.
- Previous experience managing a team that is responsible for cross functional excellence.
- Experience maintaining a knowledge base of new and current technologies.
- Has been responsible for continuous improvement programs.
- Experience working within a global / corporate operating system.
- Rolling out operating systems in newly acquired businesses.
- Experience in driving cultural change in both existing and newly acquired businesses.
- Business Acumen; Communication; Motivation; Critical thinking & Problem solving; Conflict management; Timely decision making.
- Knowledge/skills in policy writing, project management
- Leadership/coaching skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, sense of urgency & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge using various MS Office applications
- Maintain confidential company information pertaining to but not limited to, organizational plans, programs, design, development, costs
- Strong relationship builder, with an ability to identify and develop strong strategic relationships
- Change management skills
- Flexible and open-minded to outsourcing, strategic partnering and virtual work environments as options to traditional thinking
- Strong mentor, coach and motivator of people
- Strong team builder and team player
- Demonstrates values consistent with the culture, management and operating style expected of Magellan employees
- Confident and comfortable with challenging the status quo in an appropriate manner
- Communicates well
- Good Communication skills
- Logical Decision Making/Judgement thought processes
- Relationship Management
- Resources Allocation
- Risk Management
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!