The Director of Total Rewards in this newly created role and reporting to the EVP, People & Culture, the Total Rewards Partner will lead the design, development, implementation, and administration of total rewards initiatives & programs including compensation, benefits, 401(k), employee perks. As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and to deadlines with strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Under the guidance of the EVP of People & Culture, designs and executes the company's compensation and benefits programs in line with our business needs, culture, and values to include philosophy, job evaluation and salary surveys, salary and incentive structures, pay budgets and analysis.
- Oversees the creation of practices to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee total target compensation.
- Manages the company's benefits programs, including health, welfare, and retirement programs, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness; member of the 401(k) Committee.
- Builds partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across the organization.
- Leads the evaluation of positions and the application of existing job classifications, assignment of job levels, salary ranges, and FLSA status to positions. Makes recommendations for revisions and/or changes.
- Manages annual market survey and recommendations regarding changes in salary plans; oversees all activity related to published compensation surveys throughout the year and audits survey output, market trends, and market competitive pay positions to ensure salary plans meet overall company goals and objectives.
- Ensures compensation programs and practices are competitive in the marketplace to support recruitment, engagement, and talent retention.
- Manages the annual incentive plan documents and cycle.
- Manages the issuance of stock interest shares, ensuring careful data administration and proper retention of agreements in employee files.
- Participates in annual salary budgets by collecting market data (general, industry-specific, geographic) and advises the compensation committee in advance of the annual planning process.
- Manages the annual salary planning processes with people, finance, and departmental teams as the annual plan moves forward.
- Develops and maintains effective communication strategies to drive team member awareness, understanding, and adoption of all compensation and benefits programs.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evolve the company’s compensation philosophy, annual merit/bonus program/management, salary administration, structure, and systems, etc.
- Manages compensation practices around key touch points, i.e., new hire offers, promotions, and annual market adjustments Leads with a hands-on approach, working side by side to get things done on a variety of total rewards and people operations related areas.
- Administers all benefit plans, including but not limited to health and welfare programs, qualified retirement plans, life insurance, disability, etc.
- With the EVP of People and Culture, directs the annual open enrollment process, including vendor selection and negotiation, cost-saving initiatives, employee communication and collaboration with other teams.
- Ensures all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, prepares discrimination testing, and oversees annual plan audits.
- Manages monthly people analytics and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Market and product research; identifying range architecture and opportunities
- Excellent analytical skills; advanced level of MS Excel and analytics platforms/dashboards such as Tableau/Salesforce is required.
- Experience with HCM/payroll platforms such as Workday/SuccessFactors/ADP.
- Experience working and leading cross-functionally in a high growth business environment.
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills or the ability to leverage data to make recommendations and decisions Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and precision Strong multitasking and prioritizing abilities while being nimble and adaptable.
- Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Projects the highest levels of integrity while winning through a consultative and embracing personality.
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- An undergraduate degree is required in HR/finance; a master’s degree is preferred.
- CCP/CEBS certifications are a strong asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of total rewards or related experience
- Will have a focused, hardworking and entrepreneurial attitude to business and ideally come from a food product background with a passion for NPD.