Director of System-Wide Security
Responsibilities of the Director of System-Wide Security
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of System-wide Security for a great opportunity in the Norfolk, VA area. The ideal candidate will possess at least 3 years of current medium to large healthcare system physical Security & Safety experience and have 3-5 years of Director-level leadership experience.
Requirements of the Director of System-Wide Security
- Build, guide, direct, resource and lead the health system
- Serve as a single-source security subject matter expert to provide security solutions, alternatives, and recommendations across the full spectrum of the service line.
- Support operating units and system / freestanding entities with the full array of security services.
- Develop education and orientation that focus on efforts to achieve key program outcomes: reduced crime, lost time injury events and property loss, improved employee perceptions of safety.
- Manage security staffing and other vendor contracts while leveraging national competencies and cross-regional Best Practices to deliver superior results in the areas of service and quality while operating with high levels of employee engagement and cost effectiveness.
- Actively manage threats and risks along the full spectrum of workplace violence (inclusive of all types/sources); implement workplace violence prevention programs to achieve compliance and to achieve risk-mitigating capabilities/effectiveness in all parts of operation.
- Ensure Facility Security Plans are current, relevant, understood, comprehensive, compliant, and operationally useful.
- Partner with key stakeholders to conduct and manage Risk Assessments and work aggressively to mitigate risks identified in assessment recommendations.
- Implement daily shift reviews, incident reporting, incident inquiry, and use of analytical results to optimize security staffing, technologies, and processes.
- Develop, maintain and monitor security services plans, policies, protocols, guidelines and risk assessments.
- Integrate and apply security services organizational competencies.
- Develop and implement design build security standards which are integrated into new construction and renovations.
- Create and adopt relevant policies, to include providing training and ensuring operational integration of policy requirements.
- Bachelor's Level Degree is required
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) or Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification PREFERRED.
- 3-5 years of Director-level leadership experience
- At least 3 years of current medium to large healthcare system physical Security & Safety experience