Director of Surgical Service
Responsible for the 24-hour management of the Surgical Services departments typically including Pre-op, PAT, OR, PACU, Anesthesia, Endo, SPD, OR Supply Management and other assigned areas to ensure the facility meets the established standard of care. Responsible for interacting with hospital staff, patients, families, visitors, and/or ancillary departments regarding patient care, concerns and conflicts by identifying and assisting resolution. Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills of their employees, assuring regulatory and accreditation readiness, and maintaining staff schedules, payroll, orientation, staff meetings, policies, performance improvement, and is accountable for budget compliance and budget variance. Routinely works weekdays but may need to support staff at other times when necessary. This position summary contains the most basic duties and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.
- 4 years of previous RN experience required.
- 3-5 years previous Acute Care Surgical Services Leadership Experience (RN).
- Demonstrated teamwork, written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel and Word. Knowledge of MS Project and Access recommended.
- Six Sigma credentials preferred.
- English verbal and written fluency.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Texas, or part of a compact state license, or has a valid temporary RN license for the State of Texas while waiting to receive the permanent license.
- New hires as of December 1, 2009 must have BSN with master’s and CNOR preferred.
- Must have and maintain current certifications, according to unit specific needs. (BCLS/CPR, ACLS, PALS/ENPC, NRP, TNCC, STABLE) Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA.
Hoss Melton, Recruiter
Healthcare Specialty Practice
McCall & Lee, Healthcare
Main 512-444-6400 x 80 West Coast Office 323-515-8299 Mobile 805-205-4699