Magellan Aerospace Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Director of Supply Chain to join our site leadership team. The person in this role is the site lead for all matters regarding vendor management, contracts and negotiation, inventory management, logistics and shipping, and customer contract management.
This role covers all supply chain functions end-to-end from supplier to customer including developing policies, and plays a major role in leading the overall improvements to our supply chain systems/processes for the company. The type of individual who will succeed will have a can-do, no-excuse and driven hands on approach to end-to-end supply chain management.
The successful candidate will work closely with and support long-serving Divisional Managers, Operations teams and Business Unit leaders of legacy programs and new product launches ensuring that products are delivered on time in full, right the first time, all the time.
This position reports directly to the site General Manager.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan, implement and manage the overall supply chain strategy for Magellan Aerospace Winnipeg
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams
- Determine and action key supply chain KPIs
- Suggest solutions for and lead process improvements; Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Train and evaluate employees
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing teams
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors and customers
- Lead negotiations with vendors where necessary
- Liaise with Magellan Aerospace corporate as needed to support or lead corporate initiatives
- Train, coach and mentor all associates in the use of relevant industry best practices
- Develop and implement an effective system for communication, rapid containment, root-cause corrective action, and continuous improvement to prevent recurrence of production, quality and system deficiencies for all internal manufacturing, administrative, and external supplier processes
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a Supply Chain Senior Manager, Director or similar role
- 5+ years of experience working with international/global vendors and customers including navigating appropriate regulations
- 5+ years supervisory experience at a Manager level or higher
- 5+ years creating, negotiating, and reviewing contracts including pricing and other terms
- Managing a procurement, materials, and contracts team
- Past experience/exposure to a Unionized environment
- High volume purchasing of materials
- Producing and submitting RFPs
- Approving invoices and purchase orders
- Identifying and replenishing inventory gaps
- Highly technical, Multi-product manufacturing experience
- Operations and Capital Budgeting, Planning and Reporting experience with a strong emphasis on accurate one-month and rolling inventory forecasts
- Lean and CI with hand-on experience participating Kaizen events (experience in leading events would be helpful)
- Several years of shop-flow optimization experience
- Union experience and negotiation experience with units of 250+
- SAP or other ERP roll out experience
- ISO and AS9100 audit experience
- Experience dealing directly with Vendors and Customers to strengthen the supply chain from a quality stand point
- Experience in a matrixed business structure
Skills & Competencies
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledgeable in a project application process
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- First rate accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle shifting priorities
- Must be well-versed in all matters related to materials management, inventory management, vendor management, purchasing (Procurement), SIOP process, and others
- Excellent proactive communication and active listening skills
- Polished presenter; comfortable presenting information to all levels within the organization (from floor to exec office)
- Highly organized and Results driven with a ‘never give up’ approach
- Change agent who is not afraid to challenge legacy processes and the status quo with the goal of continuous improvement
- Visionary and Cutting Edge Technology-Savvy
- Must have ability to be ITAR cleared
- Post-secondary Supply Chain education and/or designation (BComm, MBA, APICs, SCMP, MSCM) is required
- BSc/MSc in Engineering or Business is preferred/desirable
- Lean Certified Black Belt is preferred/desirable
- Certificate in Management (CIM) is preferred/desirable
- Formal training in Continuous Improvement principles (e.g., 5S/6S, VSM, SPC, DOE) is preferred/desirable
- Project Management (PMP) designation is preferred/desirable
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.