Reporting to the SVP of Sales and Marketing for a 50+ year old privately held 3rd Party Logistics provider having established themselves as one of the premier logistics companies in the United States. Their service offerings include warehousing, drayage, brokerage, and other valued added transportation services with a focus in retail, CPG, home goods, and FMCG, electronics, technology, and automotive clients.
The Director of Strategic Sales is a proven hunter responsible for marketing, prospecting, and developing new business opportunities in the verticals of Consumer Electronics, Technology and Agriculture. The Director will provide a customer-centric solution within the organization. Leverage all external and internal partners to develop a sales pipeline and enhance sales opportunities with both new and existing accounts. Remain current on industry trends, market activities, governmental regulations, and the competitive landscape. Use pricing tools and follow internal processes to strategically evaluate and secure large bids and opportunities. Interpret and evaluate pricing and contracts to ensure proper adherence, mitigate exposure and risk while achieving expected profit margins. Utilize CRM(Salesforce), and sales research tools to secure and document interaction with all sales pursuits. Understands the customer's transportation needs and articulates how to provide tailored solutions to mitigate their challenges. Aggressively works accounts through the entire sales cycle. Successfully solicit and secure new customers who fit our corporate vision. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Sales experience within Warehousing/Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal and Drayage (10+ yrs.)
- Individual Contributor with proven hunter mentality
- Track record of selling profitable new business / new logos
- Sector Experience-Technology, Consumer Electronics, Agriculture
- Computer literate: 10+ years’ experience Sales Force, Dynamics other technologies
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Hybrid- San Francisco / Bay Area
- Solution-based Sales Approach
- Build strategic relationships with key clients.
- Strategic Thinker
- Continuous Improvement
- Ability to articulate client strategies by using industry knowledge to expand business opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Results driven.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Chris Hostettler
Warehousing & Distributionchostettler@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.147Click here to apply online