Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill is a world-class manufacturer of precision machined aerospace components. We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Sales and Marketing. The successful incumbent will develop, coordinate and implement sales and marketing plans and strategies to identify, prioritize and pursue existing and new business opportunities with all existing customers while being instrumental in developing new business within the industry. Manage and lead all aspects of Program Management for product development and transfer activities.
- Develop, coordinate and implement sales and marketing plans and strategies to retain existing business and identify, pursue, and capture new business opportunities both from existing customers and new customers and industries.
- Manage customer relationships, including program performance and strategic product and technology deployment.
- Define goals and deliverables in collaboration with external customer expectations and internal stakeholders including sales, quality, engineering, operations, finance, and materials.
- Manage MAH’s quote process and assure that quotations and bid proposals are completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Develop effective communication tools and strategies with customers and management team to insure all parties are effectively informed. Lead project status meetings and conduct presentations of project status to senior executives.
- Manage the MAH backlog and sales forecast in order to achieve annual sales targets for the division.
- Manage contract negotiations to a successful conclusion.
- Develop an understanding of customer’s products and long term business strategies to effectively position MAH to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Identify and articulate market and customer feedback and requirements to operational organization.
- Support accounts receivable as required and perform cost recovery associated with purchase order changes and other issues (i.e. material price changes, design changes, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in in technical field preferred
- Program Management Professional certification desired
- Minimum of 8-10 years of account management or customer relationship experience with O.E.M’s in an aerospace-engine, aerospace-structure or aerospace-systems company or companies.
- Successful contract proposal, contract negotiation and contract management experience.
- Demonstrated proven technical background within the aerospace industry providing specialty product from a CNC metal machining, manufacturing environmen
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet tools.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills and effective communication, problem solving, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Requires an individual with demonstrated success in identifying significant opportunities based on client discussions along with the ability to effectively take advantage of these opportunities.
- Proven ability to manage existing client relationships.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good organizational skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)