The Director of Sales, will embody the culture of the organization in leadership and personal style. This role will serve as the Sales Leader and as a primary voice of customer with a KEY Retail Grocery Account. The ability to position our products as best in class category partner across customer base will be important to this balanced leader and communicator. Qualified candidates will have experience driving top line growth and building best in class assortments at shelf to expand ACV across key items and substantially improve performance and orientation for growth innovation launches with speed to shelf.
• Understanding of the Plant Based segments and categories.
• Demonstrated track record of innovation launches and sales execution KPI’s including ACV gains and managing across key customers.
• Network with top-to-Top customer responsibility.
• Experience of using syndicated data and other consumer insight and performance management tools to construct and successfully utilize fact based selling stories.
• Provide Customer annual plans by brand that deliver key performance targets.
• Coordinate Quarterly reviews and presentation for Key customers with sales and marketing to understand sales trends and identify any gaps to Plan. This will include marketing activation for accounts and how we build trade management to invest with each Key account.
• Lead innovation summits for product development and future pipeline product launches with Key customers.
• Proven broker network management and best in class tracking for driving accountability for existing business and innovation launch success.
• Possess Category Management experience and leadership in this functional area with a specific key Customer.
• Inspire confidence with integrity and involvement of others to build credibility.
• 8 years plus of strong sales ability and proven experience; 4-5 years with Kroger specific.
• Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed.
• Limited travel at the moment. Post-pandemic expect travel of up to 50% of the time.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA will further differentiate the ideal candidate.
• High degree of accountability and track record of winning in market.
• Innovation speed to launch adoption principle.
• Executive presence to influence Buyers and internal stakeholders with in-depth understanding of meat category.
• Self-motivated and engaging in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the Board and the team.
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America.
• Professional and career development opportunities.
• Competitive Health and Welfare plans.
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees.