Director of Risk Management & Patient Safety Officer
Currently seeking talented, dedicated Montgomery, AL-based Director of Risk Management & Patient Safety Officer for acute care hospitals nationwide. The ideal candidate will possess five years of recent experience working in an acute care hospital and three years of experience working in risk management.
About Our Client:
Jackson Hospital & Clinics
- Jackson Hospital and Clinics is a community not-for-profit hospital serving Montgomery and the Alabama River Region.
- They operate a growing hospital with a focus on cohesiveness and their patient population.
- Jackson Hospital participates in Alabama's Trauma System and is designated as a Level 3 Trauma Center.
- From their Centers of Excellence to their Blue Distinction Center designations, Jackson Hospital is well equipped to take care of your entire family.
Responsibilities of the Director of Risk Management & Patient Safety Officer
- Assesses, develops, and maintains organization-wide policies and guidelines that provide structure for risk reduction activities and educates hospital and medical staff of risk reduction strategies.
- Coordinate and facilitate root cause analyses of Sentinel Events
- Coordinate legal and claims communication and activity with hospital attorneys and medical assurance, including site surveys.
- Serves on internal and external committees as assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing the Safe Medical Service Act and all product recall notices.
- Serves as the Risk Administrator for the event reporting system.
- Demonstrates responsibility for own competency, mandatory and annual performance evaluation by attending all required programs and obtaining all professionally required CEUs.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the benefit of the organization.
- Serves as a Corporate Compliance Officer and a member of the Environment of Safety team.
Requirements of the Director of Risk Management & Patient Safety Officer
- 5 years of current experience working in an acute care hospital
- 3 years of experience working in risk management or patient safety
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required
- Master's degree is preferred
- CPHRM is required within 30 days