Director of Rehabilitation Registered Nurse RN
Westernmost FL area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Rehabilitation Registered Nurse RN for a great opportunity in the Westernmost FL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital in the Rehabilitation and 3+ years of experience working in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Rehabilitation Registered Nurse RN
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes
- Manages variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost
- Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations and actively pursues efforts to achieve.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Ensures efficient patient throughput and delivery of high quality, patient-centered care through volume forecasting, patient flow coordination, and admission/discharge planning.
- Fosters interdisciplinary communication and collaboration within and across departments and ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Develops and implements strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with the administrative team and physicians to enhance existing services or develop new service offerings.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or development of new services and product lines to promote growth. Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and increase volume.
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Participates in the annual budget process, including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs. Monitors department budget performance; identifies trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling excellence, productivity management, and premium pay utilization
- Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate patient care
- Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment
Requirements of the Director of Rehabilitation Registered Nurse RN
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license (If Florida is not the primary State on the multi-state license must establish Florida as primary on the license within 90 days of hire or within 90 days of establishing residency in Florida (whichever is sooner) is required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required Masters degree strongly preferred
- National Nursing Certification in Specialty or Nursing Leadership is preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support – AHA or Military Training Network is required
- CRRN is highly preferred, must obtain within 6 months of hire
- 1+ years of experience in healthcare required
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership role required
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred