Unique role leading the Real Estate expansion strategy for our highly successful, off-price client. Compensation package includes competitive base salary, bonus, and plentiful opportunities for career growth.
DIRECTOR REAL ESTATE
Unique role leading the Real Estate expansion strategy for our highly successful, off-price client. Compensation package includes competitive base salary, bonus, plentiful opportunities for career growth, and the chance to play a crucial role in my client's path to profitability.
This is a high impact/highly visible, newly created role. You will report directly to the company's highly experienced, well-respected CFO, while also partnering closely with the President/CEO, to develop our client's Real Estate strategy, leading the market evaluation and site selection process to ensure successful growth across North America. With responsibility for introducing brokers, landlords, developers, and government agencies to the brand, you will leverage a strong network of industry relationships to cultivate interest and develop partnerships that will aid in growth.
You will liaise closely with external and internal council to efficiently move prospective sites to lease, ensuring the best interests of the company are protected and that deals are based on strong investment principles. Managing department deliverables, you will provide leadership, guidance, and support to your team of direct reports through effective goal setting (YOs), performance management, and professional development.
Site Evaluation and Selection
- Perform competitor analysis and site mapping within key trade areas.
- Visit and inspect prospective markets and properties to determine suitability; evaluate economic, demographic, and other market data to identify key trade areas and build a sequencing strategy.
- Build and manage the pipeline of potential sites in markets identified for expansion to ensure the achievement of growth objectives.
- Oversee the day-to-day pipeline activity, including monitoring and reporting on pipeline progress and financials, negotiating initial and counteroffers, and partnering with stakeholders to remove project roadblocks.
- Review site evaluation packages for executive management; evaluate input from all data points, consultants, and team members.
- Work closely with construction and design teams to ensure the business case presented includes accurate investment costs that reflect the complexity of the site, work letter, and TI allowance; support them in communication with landlords and developers throughout the development life cycle.
- Work closely with the financial team to build proformas.
Real Estate Management
- Manage and build landlord relationships, cultivating productive, and strategic long-term partnerships that support growth objectives.
- Actively influence; ensure that the company is getting the top broker representation and consideration for sites.
- Create and develop business and five-year growth plan for markets in alignment with global expectations.
- Establish/ maintain, and drive schedules to be sure we are meeting and filling pipeline objectives.
- Perform ad-hoc strategic and store analysis in support of executive management.
- Bachelor's degree, with a preference for a solid Real Estate focus.
- 5+ years' experience in a corporate Real Estate environment spanning multiple states and regions, including experience in strategic planning, market reviews, and site acquisition.
- Extensive contacts in the Real Estate sector that can you can leverage to get deals to the table; experience in Commercial Real Estate negotiation, with a preference for retail deals.
- Working knowledge of legal issues relating to Real Estate development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to manage concurrent projects with a results-driven approach.
- Financial analysis, contract management, and Real Estate database skills.
- Highly developed verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences; ability to build consensus and reconcile adverse points of view.