Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Quality. The successful incumbent will be responsible for developing, implementing, and periodically evaluating quality management program of our aerospace Surface treatments and NDT business to include AS9100 Management representative, NADCAP certifications, Customer and Supplier compliance. Utilize Six Sigma and Quality management tools to meet the Quality, Integrity, and efficiency standards set by the organization.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- to professional growth
- Commitment Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Manage Quality department consisting of Quality Control and Quality Assurance including Lab, Internal Audit team, Calibration, Quality Clinic, and Quality Engineers
- Evaluates production operations from a strategic level to ensure that services meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other specifications and requirements.
- Develop, implement, and lead Quality improvement programs to drive Zero defects
- Collaborates with management and staff across all departments and roles to draft acceptable process plans, procedures, and quality standards
- Periodically reports status of quality control and operations to executive leadership and, when required, Customers, regulatory & certification agencies
- Reviews quality control & Assurance documentation such as checklists, logs, and reports for effectiveness, accuracy, and relevance
- Conducts random inspections and quality control checks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 to 10 years of related industry experience required with at least five years as a quality manager or similar managerial role highly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a quality leadership role, preferably in the Aerospace Industry
- Preferably Aerospace Finisher (CAF) from NASF
- Six Sigma skill set to include a Green Belt (Black Belt preferred)
- Extensive understanding of Surface treatments, NDT, related process controls, coating dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Strong Specifications/ blueprint reading and interpretation skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead without expressed authority.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team building skills.
- Understanding of statistical process control, PFMEA, and other quality tools.
- Strong skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and analytical SPC software.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.