Director of Quality Management
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Quality Management in Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of current experience working in a Quality Management unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Quality
- Promote a culture that is positive, that values individual strengths, takes risks, and is committed to optimal patient care, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Facilitate the growth of hospital knowledge regarding quality and high reliability, including the dissemination and implementation of “best practices” across the facility.
- Support facility-wide standardization in targeted process improvement initiatives, and evaluate success through pre-established criteria and measurement tools. Support division-wide standardization of process improvement initiatives through facility adoption and implementation.
- Assist with proactive patient safety activities to help create facilities that are high reliability organizations, as reflected in reduced errors, elimination of unsafe processes, and increased involvement of staff and physicians toward a culture of safety.
- Performs regular analysis of facility quality and risk performance data, and plans steps based on data analysis for ongoing improvement.
- Responsible for reporting of data to approved third parties, such as Leapfrog, NCDR & STS databases, etc.
- Lead and/or support clinical process improvement teams as needed to achieve quality and performance improvement goals
- Collaborates with clinicians and other staff in developing and implementing processes to drive improvement and to comply with regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the ongoing review, revision, and implementation and/or adoption of relevant policies and procedures, plans, and manuals as appropriate.
- Serve as a regulatory resource (in addition to FVPQ) regarding state and federal regulations and standards, including but not limited to CMS, TJC, and CDC. Stay current with NQF, AHRQ, Leapfrog, IHI and other quality performance initiatives.
Requirements of the Director of Quality
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Business Administration preferred
- Current licensure in State of Texas or compact eligible
- CPHQ preferred
- 3+ years’ experience within acute care quality, risk, and/or patient safety
- Previous management experience required