Director of Quality, Risk and Performance Improvement
Southern TN area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Quality Management Director for a great opportunity in the Southern TN area. The ideal candidate will possess 5 - 8 years of current experience working in Quality, Risk Management or Performance Improvement in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a Quality, Risk Management or Performance Improvement unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Quality, Risk and Performance
- Reports to Chief Nursing Officer
- Assures great service, growth, development, and personnel management to ensure consistency in the Quality, Risk Management or Performance Improvement DepartmentOversees all Risk Management activities including managing claims against the facility; interfacing with defense counsel; interacting with patients, medical staff and hospital staff to resolve complaints; administering the risk management program on a day to day basis; managing and analyzing the risk management data; overseeing the patient safety programs in order to maintain an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health errors.
- Develops and implements Utilization Management goals, plans and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the organization
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the Quality Management program to ensure quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient care; planning and facilitating interventions; evaluating and sustaining success
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the Quality, Risk Management or Performance Improvement team.
Requirements of the Director of Quality, Risk and Performance
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required, Masters degree strongly preferred
- Certification in healthcare quality preferred
- BLS requiredCertified Professional in Patient Safety certification required within 12 months of hire.
- ACM/CCM preferred
- 5-8 years of current experience working in Quality, Risk Management or Performance Improvement in an acute care hospital
- 3+ years of experience working in a Quality, Risk Management or Performance Improvement unit in a leadership role
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care