Director of Psychiatric
Southern VA area
Seeking a talented and qualified individual for a Director of Psychiatric in the Southern VA area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in a Psychiatric Department in a leadership role.Responsibilities of the Director of Psychiatric
Requirements of the Director of Psychiatric
- Directs the department's activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives
- Responsible for carrying through with the planning, organizing, and directing clinical practice and associate management functions for assigned periods in the hospital setting.
- Establishes standards of practice and performance improvement methods to monitor and achieve hospital and department goals.
- Serves as support and resource to hospital managers and hospital personnel on assigned shifts
- Requires flexibility in scheduling with the requirement of being able to work all shift patterns including weekends and holidays in order to maintain continuity of service and provide consistent coverage of nursing supervision
- Perform other duties of Director Surgical Services included
- Required Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Master's degree preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing with current RN licensure from the Virginia State Board of Nursing
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia or degree in clinical health sciences curriculum preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as staff registered nurse in behavioral health
- Management experience preferred