The Director of Product Management is an exciting new role for our client as they look to be consistently on the cutting edge of product development for their partner industries. We are searching for a dynamic person to match their hardworking, collaborative and caring culture. This individual will establish product line strategies of what is needed for new and existing products and will work with various departments regarding the global rollout of those products.
They will be able to anticipate and interpret market changes, direct the analytics and evolution of competitive environment and will relate it to global business solutions strategies. The Director of Product Management will be responsible for working closely with senior leaders to develop long-term strategic direction and operational plans across the units.
On a side note to further explain our client's unique culture, the CEO describes the amount of people in their company as “heart counts” verses “head counts”. Could this be the kind of environment you could fit in to?REPORTING STRUCTURE
This is a global position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.RESPONSIBILITIES"*" denotes an essential function of the job
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- *Develop and implement product strategies with a focus on profitable growth and sustainability.
- *Manage customized strategy deployment using the latest lean methodologies and ensuring that implementation is aligned with corporate objectives.
- *Direct market research, analysis and business case development based on identified product/service offering gaps, market opportunities, and competitive threats.
- *Assists in development of domestic and global vision based on evolving business needs, critical success factors, market analysis and operating plans.
- *Define strategy and roadmap for products working with all product groups.
- *Evaluate and lead global and domestic pricing strategy and provide guidance to Business Units for local implementation.
- *Build technical business relationships while serving as point of contact for corporate-level customers as assigned.
- *Lead customized strategy deployment at using the latest methodologies and ensuring that implementation is aligned with corporate objectives.
- *Effective project management of multiple projects seeing through successful and timely implementation.
- *Lead the internet of things for the assigned product group connecting devices, data and analytics to communicate them effectively.
- Participate in industry conferences and trade shows and write and collaborate on articles for technical and industry journals as needed.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Functions as a contributing member of the department's team and other teams, as assigned.
- Assists the department in the accomplishment of the team's goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Increased profitability and sales growth for assigned product line(s).
- Increased market share for product line(s).
- Establishment and implementation of product sales and margin improvement strategies to achieve goals.
- High level of proficiency in effectively managing others for high performance.
- Ability to influence and implement global initiatives without direct reporting authority.
- Exceptional oral and written communicative skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Effective delegation to and adequate training of Martin employees.
- Interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of Martin Engineering.
- Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports.
- Initiative and creative thinking in decision-making and problem resolution situations and in the performance of job duties.
- Successful performance of assigned duties with frequent interruptions and time pressures.
- Successful performance of assigned duties within a team environment.
- Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
- Successful performance of duties within established budgetary guidelines.
- Four-year college degree in business, engineering, information technology plus 10 + years equivalent experience required, MBA or advanced education in a related area.
- Five to seven years of prior work-related experience, in Product and Project Management or Technical related areas.
- Five to seven years of global experience, with a foreign language competency, preferred.
- Five or more years of managerial experience required.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with a bonus structured based off company’s EBITA in addition to a competitive benefits package.