Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has a great opportunity for a Director of Procurement. The Director of Procurement will be responsible for developing a strategic centralized approach to procurement and the materials management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and service. The successful candidate will also be accountable for creating and leading cost reduction plans and providing leadership to the Procurement and Logistics organization. The immediate focus will be supporting Magellan’s casting locations in Glendale, Arizona United States and in Haley Station located north of Ottawa Canada. This full-time position will reside in Glendale Arizona and will report into the Director of North American Supply Chain. Moderate travel will be required within North America.
Please note that the position is based in Glendale AZ.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale facility offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Develop a centralized program that optimizes systems, adds value and efficiency to the organization
- Consolidate, negotiate and implement long- term commercial agreements while conducting business in an ethical manner at all times
- Accountable for reduction plans and the results
- Oversee the Procurement and Logistics functions
- Implement best practice and update policies and procedures when necessary to improve business practice
- Participate and at times lead an SAP, ERP implementation
- Create and execute risk mitigation plans in the supply base to ensure Magellan has cost containment and business continuity
- Attend and contribute in relevant management meetings as required. Provide functional expertise and SME perspective
- Develop and implement key performance metrics to drive cost reduction and on-time delivery performance
- Moderate travel within North America (estimate 10% of the time)
- 4 year Business Degree or equivalent in Materials Management is preferred, degree in Business or Engineering or an MBA
- Professional license & certification SCMP, CPIM, P. Eng. and CSCP
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience within a highly technical manufacturing environment (preferably aerospace)
- Experience in an SAP environment would be considered an asset
- Strong professional internal and external communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Must be results oriented with strong negotiation skills
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct at all times
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.