Our client is currently seeking a well-qualified Director of Procurement Quality & Logistics to join its Procurement team. The position is based in Des Plaines and will report to the VP of Corporate Procurement.
Responsible for the overall development, implementation, management and monitoring of Corporate Procurement’s process improvement projects. Manage Corporate Procurement’s, PurchasingNet System, Procurement Card Program/System, supplier Qualification process, Dashboard, Spend Reporting Tools, and Dashboard.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results Expected:
• Representative and participant on the company’s Corporate Procurement Staff.
• Develop methodology and tools to screen, select, qualify and monitor strategic global suppliers to insure highest quality standards are maintained.
• Develop and implement a supplier scorecard with performance criteria aligned to company-wide business requirements.
• Act as ‘Change Agent’ to lead the integration of the company Procurement Card strategy across all functions and spend categories.
• Develop, enhance, and monitor the company’s PurchasingNet purchasing system. Lead initiative to drive supplier invoicing and settlement to paperless process.
• Assist Vice President of Corporate Procurement in the development and implementation of a digital Dashboard reflecting Sourcing’s key metrics.
• Maximize cash flow benefits through implementation and management of the company standard supplier payment terms, monitor with Total Cost of Quality rigor.
• Develop, implement and maintain corporate reporting tools as needed for spend analyses, financial accruals, project tracking and savings tracking.
• Drive cost out strategies through the introduction and implementation of e-auctions and e-rfq tools.
Qualified Candidate will have the following:
- BS Degree Business or 5 years equivalent experience leading procurement process improvement initiatives. Preferred MBA.
- 5 + years experience: sourcing programs, contracts management, quality improvement and/or negotiation; 3-5 years managerial experience.
- Procure to Pay Process; Contracts Management; e-Sourcing Technology; Proficiency in latest PC technology; Preferred: Six-Sigma Green Belt certified.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in organization and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability leading multifunctional team environments and to develop, execute and coach in individual and team priorities;
- Ability to apply technical/engineering concepts to practical business problems;
- Ability to develop and implement managerial and leadership concepts and techniques (plan, execute, direct, coach, mentor, evaluate and control);
- Ability to coordinate multiple long and short term projects simultaneously;
- Strong administrative/planning skills;
- Strong mentoring skills.