Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga (MAM) has a great opportunity for a Director of Process Engineering & Quality. The successful incumbent will oversee process planning engineering, quality systems, CI and project management system to ensure MAM cost effectively produces and ships conforming products to our customers.
- Manage, assign & prioritize work within the group’s responsibility to ensure immediate support for shop floor production & new product introduction.
- Ability to lead complex projects & meet budget and deadlines
- Oversee Quality Management System, Process Planning, NC Programming and tooling, project management system and CI.
- Establish & monitor performance to budget
- Review performance to goals & actions
- Approve plans/projects
- Corrective action response
- Generate approve procedures
- Continuous Improvement knowledge and skill
- Ensure compliance with Customer/Regulatory QA standards
- Travel (5%)
- Facilitate training, performance reviews, budgeting, coaching & counseling of direct reports
- 4 year College Degree Industrial Manufacturing Engineering/Quality or equivalent, MBA an asset
- 5-10 years of work experience in a similar/like position preferably Aerospace, Manufacturing
- Knowledge & skill in the following; Quality Systems, Root Cause, Corrective Action, Project Management, Financial Analysis, Environmental
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Ability to work with confidential information: wages & salaries, product costs, financial statements, customer relations on prices, deliveries etc., organizational plans, programs, design, development etc.
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills, written & oral
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Project Management, CINCOM, Kronos)
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)