Director of Plant Operations
Southern IL area
Currently seeking talented Director of Plant Operations for a great opportunity in the Southern IL area. The ideal candidate will possess 7 years of current experience working in acute care hospital and have 3 years experience working as a director in an engineering field.
Requirements of the Director of Plant Operations
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) preferred. If not certified, must obtain certification within two years.
- Strong knowledge in building automation systems and CMMS required.
- 7 years of current experience working in management position
- 3 years experience working as a director in an engineering, facilities management, or plant operations field.
Responsibilities of the Director of Plant Operations
- Implements policies, procedures, and programs related to the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the central energy plant, utility systems, Life Safety systems, leased/owned/managed real estate, and grounds maintenance.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the activities of the Engineering and Bio Med Departments to provide services, repairs and maintenance necessary to insure the safe and efficient operation of the hospital and clinic facilities, and to maintain a comfortable physical environment for patients, employees, medical staff and the public in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and practices set by the facility, the State Department of Public Health and other local community and governmental agencies.
- The Director shall also be directly responsible for all Construction Projects.
- Fully versed in Joint Commission, NFPA, EPA, and OSHA requirements and standards. Assures the facilities are always survey-ready.
- Assures teammates projects a professional and technically impression to teammates and the public.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals (RFPs), scope of services, and contracts