Director of Plant Operations or Facilities Management Engineering
Currently seeking talented Director of Plant Operations or Facilities Management (Engineering) for a great opportunity in the Montgomery, AL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 5 years’ experience working as a director in an engineering field.
Responsibilities of the Director of Plant Operations or Facilities Management Engineering
- Implements policies, procedures, and programs related to the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the central energy plant, utility systems, Life Safety systems, leased/owned/managed real estate, and grounds maintenance.
- Direct and manages the operation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of industrial electrical, mechanical, plumbing, vertical/horizontal transport, access control, and other facility systems, including central boiler and chilled water distribution systems and associated utility support systems.
- Fully versed in Joint Commission, NFPA, EPA, and OSHA requirements and standards. Assures the facilities are always survey-ready.
- Assures teammates projects a professional and technical impression to teammates and the public.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals (RFPs), the scope of services, and contracts.
Requirements of the Director of Plant Operations or Facilities Management Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field is required
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) preferred. If not certified, must obtain certification within two years
- Strong knowledge in building automation systems and CMMS required
- 5 years of current experience working in a management position
- 7 years’ experience working as a director in an engineering, facilities management, or plant operations field