Director of Pharmacy
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Pharmacy for a great opportunity in the Beckley, WV area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a Pharmacy Department in a leadership role.
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
Educational assistance and tuition assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional development opportunities and CE assistance
- And much more…
Responsibilities of the Director of Pharmacy
- Plans, organizes and delineates duties and responsibilities of the Pharmacy.
- Supervises the compounding, dispensing, ordering and proper storage of all pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains formularies, sources of information on new products, adequate compendia and an updated library of pharmaceutical literature.
- Assists in medication monitoring functions of the Medical Staff, as defined by its by-laws, JCAHO and Medicare conditions of participation.
- Establishes and maintains a system of record keeping, accountability and documentation with the current applicable local, state and federal statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy.
Requirements of the Director of Pharmacy
- Graduate of a College of Pharmacy
- [West Virginia, US] Pharmacist
- Current licensure in the State of West Virginia
- Three years management experience required
- Experience in hospital or institutional practice required