Director of Perioperative Services
Northern IN Area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Perioperative Services in the Northern IN area. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of current experience working in an perioperative unit an acute care hospital and have 2 years of current experience working in a management role in a perioperative unit.
Responsibilities of the Director of Perioperative Services
- Director of Perioperative Services assists physicians and medical staff in caring for surgical patients
- Director of Perioperative Services plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the overall operation of the surgery center and participates in the development and implementation of the Center’s surgical policies & procedures and will maintain standards to meet local, State and national regulatory compliance
- Director of Perioperative Services maintains open communication with all staff to promote quality improvement.
- Director of Perioperative Services for the Ambulatory Surgery Center effectively manages staff scheduling, supervises the perioperative team and promotes education and training.
- The Director of Perioperative Services will remain up to date on current recommended standards & practices by reading literature, researching and attending in-services or conferences on related topics.
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Requirements of the Director of Perioperative Services
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, MSN required
- Current and Valid RN license
- 2 years of current experience working in a perioperative unit
- 5 years of current experience working in a management role in a perioperative unit
- BLS Required
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of the patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skill set