Director of Pediatrics
Our client is multi-disciplinary health organization with locations throughout Maricopa and Pinal counties looking for a Director of Pediatrics. As the Director of Pediatrics, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Pediatrics department. The Pediatrics Director aids the Director of Medical Services and the Chief Medical Office by providing clinical leadership. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervise, coordinate, and evaluate Pediatrics Physicians, and mid-level Pediatrics Providers. Assist the manager in supervising medical assistants’ performance of Pediatrics medical tasks and skills.
- Interview and make recommendations for hiring of Pediatric providers.
- Counsel and discipline Pediatrics provider staff as necessary.
- Carry our supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure that all rules and regulations concerning Pediatrics physician and mid-level provides are being followed.
- Interact positively, and as a team player, with all levels of staff, physicians, parents and public.
- Develop physician office, and call schedules for respective department.
- Provide physician office and call schedules no less than two months, but preferably four months in advance.
- Approve and enter scheduled vacation time off, according to developed policies for respective provider staff.
- Develop policies, procedures, and protocols for Pediatrics department as needed.
- Monitor policy and procedures implementation. Will review and post policies at the Board Effect site for board approval.
- Ensure that staff performance reviews are completed by the due date.
- Advise CMO and management of performance deficiencies of pediatrics medical personnel.
- Maintain active role in administration of hospital affairs.
- Monitor and ensure development and completion of health care plan for department.
- Take part in development of the budget, health and business plan.
- Solicit medical input for new or changed programs prior to implementation.
Experience and Education
- 2-5 years of experience in medicine, preferably in a group setting.
- Ability to suggest and write policies and procedures specific to the Pediatrics department.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate, 4 years Medical School, 1-year rotating internship and 2 years of residency.
- Board Certified Pediatrics MD or DO degree.
- Current Arizona license.
- Experience as a Chief of Pediatrics or Chief of Medical Staff.
- Experience as a member of peer review committee, surgical care committee or similar committees.
- Administrative and management experience.
To learn more, please contact Ren’e at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-788-5890.