Director of Patient Safety
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Patient Safety Director for a great opportunity in the Eastern TX area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in Patient Safety in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Patient Safety
- Prevent future harm by initiating and overseeing proactive evaluation and redesign of systems to improve care processes (e.g. forcing functions, checklists, error causation thinking, human factors, applied informatics, culture).
- Support improved outcomes by emphasizing both appropriate behaviors and robust systems that include concise accountability measures and follow-up.
- Improve consistent delivery of evidence-based care and reduction in preventable harm by focusing on reliability and applying the principles of reliable design.
- Reduce variation in care delivery. Partner with the Patient Safety Organization to explore identified variations when appropriate.
- Utilize alerts and best practices (e.g. Sentinel Event Alerts) to perform gap assessments and implement strong actions that will alleviate identified gaps.
- Effectively report, investigate, and analyze patient safety incidents, medical errors and potential risks in the facility.
- Facilitate thorough and credible serious event analysis that result in strong sustainable improvement strategies.
Requirements of the Director of Patient Safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare related field required
- Master's degree required or within first 24 month of hire
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required; If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within first year of hire.
- Team STEPPS Master Trainer required; If not already a Master Trainer, must obtain certification within first year of hire.
- 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital
- 3+ years of experience working in Patient Safety in a leadership role