Hire Standard is recruiting on behalf of the Town of Taber
Taber, Alberta is a town of just over 8,700 people that is known for sunny days, friendly people and corn! With a wide range of amenities, Taber is “a great place to grow!”. Visit www.taber.ca to learn more.
Director of Parks & Recreation
- Management, Administration, Quality Control and Supervision of all aspects of Facility Care and Customer Service.
- Development, Promotion and Execution of Recreation Initiatives to a wide client base
- Supervise & Motivate a Team of skilled recreation Employees
- Develop Relationships/Partnerships with Community Organizations
- Contribute to the overall Development and Delivery of Municipal Strategic Plan, Goals & Vision
- Stay current with Community Needs, Industry Trends, Regulations and Opportunities.
- Financial functions including Budget development, management and forecasting.
- HR functions such as Hiring within department, Scheduling, Training, Performance management, Payroll authorizations, and participate in Negotiating Union Agreements.
- Attendance at and prepare Reports for various committee meetings
- Oversee Project Management on Capital Projects related to Recreation
- 5+ year’s Management Experience
- Recreation Facility & Parks Experience
- Post secondary Education in related field
- Experience working in a Unionized Environment
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED
- Computer Competency
- Excellent Communication and Relationship Building skills
- Strong Leadership and Mentorship ability
- Outgoing, Positive and Approachable attitude
- Commitment to Excellence and Innovation
- Problem Solving and Hands-on approach
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits & LAPP Pension
- Monday – Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm, with approximately 10 hours after hours/month
- Professional Learning and Development Opportunities
- Positive, Supportive Team Environment
- Diverse and Challenging Responsibilities
Please apply online at hire-standard.com or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you agree to receive email communication from Hire Standard.