Regional Operations Director
This position has multi-site responsibility. Oversee the daily operations and long-term strategic plan(s) of the Regional Manufacturing Plants focusing on driving Safety, Quality, and Productivity to increase overall Company service levels to our customers and profitability of The Company. One of the Companies key objectives to facilitate growth is to On-Board new business. Our responsibility is to support the On-Boarding of new business to the satisfaction of our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop budgets for plants, determine Strategic direction and implement tactical plans to achieve financial and customer service level targets.
- This position requires the ability to develop and execute manufacturing and capital investment plans, the ability to collect and research data, and to use this information to maximize the production of Company equipment and production departments.
- Position works closely with other Management Team members and Department VP’s and Directors for corporate planning and initiatives.
- Work closely with Accounting & Finance group on cost controls, Lean Savings projects, and capital investment plans.
- Work with Human Resources on development and review of production-related policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all Company SOP’s and regulations:
- Position oversees the following departments and Department Managers at each location they are responsible for, assisting them (as needed) with production plans, staffing, data collection and efficiency improvements.
- Lamination, Extrusion Lamination
- Finishing – Slitting, Value added Operations
- Maintenance & Engineering
- Performance evaluation responsibilities for Plant Managers, Department Managers in the Operations group under assigned sites of responsibility.
Food Defense Functions:
- Must comply with all general Level Company-wide standard operating procedures.
- SOP’s may cover the areas of (but are not limited to)
- Employee Health and Safety
- SQF and GMP’s focused on eliminating contaminates in all packaging manufactured. .
- BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 10 years Business Development experience in the Flexible Packaging industry.
- P&L experience and experience dealing with Plant turnarounds
- Must have working knowledge of internal manufacturing capabilities including printing, Laminating and slitting processes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, assess people and their ability to deliver improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- Significant CI experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Set clean are targeted goals focused at improving the Safety, Quality and productivity of the plants he is responsible for.
- Ability to analyze, and interpret technical journals, technical data sheets, and market journals.
- Reasoning abilities to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient computer skills, with particular knowledge in using Microsoft computer software, Crystal reports, Globe-Tek, and any equipment software programs.
- Able to travel on commercial airlines.
- Ability to sit for extended periods for meetings or general office work.
- Position requires 40+% travel by car and airplane, including in between plants.
- Overnight travel to be expected.
- Main work environment is office or plant.
- Position requires ability to work on the production floor for periods of time to evaluate production issues, plant tours, observe equipment installation and repairs.
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment when on production floor.
Click here to apply online