We are seeking a Director, Operations to lead the Indiana site. This person reports to a Sr. Director of Operations and has dotted line reporting to a Program Vice President. This position is responsible for meeting the safety, cost, quality, production, delivery, and continuous improvement objectives for the business. This position will manage a team of approximately 150 employees (6 direct reports) and work through a matrixed organization requiring strong collaboration with Engineering and Program Management teams.
- Develop site level Operational strategic plans and improvement initiatives aligned with business objectives
- Responsible for operations talent acquisition, onboarding, training/development, and leadership succession planning while serving as a role model for integrity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Conduct factory expansion and process flow optimization to transition missile defense sensors from low-rate initial production to high-rate production (~12X production increase)
- Plan and oversee department budgets and production goals through resource prioritization and sales and operations planning
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary operations reviews and alignment in manufacturing, supply chain, quality, continuous improvement, and EH&S
- Develop and execute upon a continuous improvement LEAN roadmap driving improvement through use of tools such as 5S+1, poke yoke, APQP, value stream mapping and Gemba.
- Identify and improve current manufacturing processes reducing labor touch and equipment processing time
- Review and collaborate on Engineering designs to ensure efficient manufacturability and sustainable production through use Design for Manufacturing / Assembly tools
- Support Technical Tiger Teams for Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessment on programs and production processes where applicable.
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Operations Management or related field with a minimum of 15 years (or Graduate Degree with 13 years) of prior related experience.
- Experience with space systems electronics and/or optical payloads
- Multi-disciplinary operations experience in manufacturing, test, supply chain, quality, EH&S and/or operational excellence.
- Experience communicating at all levels of the organization and leading cross functional teams
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance
Willingness to Travel 25% - 50%