Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Operations. The successful incumbent will utilize, drive, and promote understanding of lean manufacturing tools and principles to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Coordinate resource planning to ensure daily delivery and productivity goals are met.
- Utilize, drive, and promote understanding of lean manufacturing tools and principles to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement Visual Factory Management tools, daily management, and lean conversion.
- Develop a 24x7 world-class operations organization by providing training, coaching, and counseling
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Take active role in safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Provide motivational leadership and communication to all team associates to ensure understanding and attainment of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory performance objectives.
- Achieve MOS (Magellan Operating System) requirements.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Technology, or equivalent required. MS and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 year proven shop floor operations leadership / supervisory experience in a multi-functional manufacturing environment, preferred
- Working knowledge and advanced training in Lean manufacturing concepts and techniques with significant exposure to Visual Management.
- Proven ability to develop and enhance organization including the formal development of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a rapid changing, intense, and demanding environment.
- Key Leadership Capabilities:
- Build an Accountable and Collaborative Culture
- Lead with Customer Focus and Strategic Agility
- Navigate Change
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!