Reporting to the VP of Operations of a leading provider of third party logistics and fulfillment. Responsible for leading the day-to-day evolution, operation, and performance of a high volume 400k sq.ft. fulfillment facility. Taking full operational responsibility to meet facility’s goals of efficiency, effectiveness, customer retention, growth, and profitability. Monitor and evaluate performance of facility and engage in continuous improvements throughout the facility. Operating in a hands-on environment, identify and direct the implementation of cost saving and space optimization opportunities. Has continuous contact with client management and conforms to agreed upon metrics. Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration. Set strategic goals for efficiency and increased productivity. Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management. Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands. Proven integration of operations and systems requirements identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs. Desire for strong leadership and management capabilities and ability to increase profitability. Have a strong focus on quality control, inventory accuracy, highest level of customer satisfaction, and maximum engagement. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Third Party Warehouse Operations Management (5 years)
- Facility layout optimization (i.e. design racking solutions, configuration changes, automation opportunities, etc.)
- Storage zone and location setup process for new and existing clients, including development and execution of optimal slotting strategies
- Oversight of location configurations and job code mappings (JDA LMS)
- Utilize CAD programs, slotting management programs, and labor management programs
- Metric and data analytic driven decision making and leadership
- Development of dashboards, models and presentations for senior management team to inform on facility-wide labor productivity and variances to budget, overall space utilization, capacity constraints and technology opportunities, and slotting optimization results
- Develop and enforce SOPs for the set-up, maintenance, and accuracy of locations, zones, storage configurations, space planning, and footprints in WMS
- Client configurations (reserve, pick faces, staging, dangerous goods, and high value locations)
- Partner with Inventory Control to assist with managing any 4PL space opportunities.
- Partner with PM to remain up to date with current clients or new client onboarding so that the designs for space utilization can be manage effectively.
- Data utilization through forecasts or historical data to best plan as needed to 'right size' area set-ups.
- Understand client SOWs so that JDA configurations capture the expected scope of work.
- Work with external clients to gather data so that we better understand WMS needs and configure accordingly.
- Partners with Accounting to ensure accurate billing of utilized space based on cube, location type, and handling unit.
- Ensure accurate data and process compliance within the newly configured WMS.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Edison, NJ
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Advanced Degree –MBA/Master’s
- Industrial Engineering experience
- Demonstrates Strong Leadership
- Excellent people skills
- Team player
- Strong customer interfacing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Continuous improvement/problem solving mindset
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Senior Practice Leader: Zack Schneider
Warehouse & Distributionzschneider@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.128Click here to apply online