Our client, a leading Manufacturer of Windows & Doors, is looking to hire a Director of Operations for their location in IL. This professional will be under the direction of the President and will have the daily responsibility for managing their Chicago facility with a focus on growing and sustaining strong relationships with customers, employees and vendors.
- Management/Development of all manufacturing and operations, assets, maintenance, safety, products & services, operations, budgeting, etc.
- Provide technical support for both employees and customers
- Supervise all manufacturer personnel and coordinate daily activities.
- Drive quality standards which produce the highest grade of product
- Instruct workers on machine setup to meet production requirements
- Compute material requirements needed to meet production demands
- Encourage team to perform at a high level, while keeping a focus on producing high quality products
- Work/communicate with other departments to help develop new products, drive efficiencies and help create new ideas
- 8-10 years within a Senior Management role
- 10+ years within a manufacturing capacity
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably technical and/or engineering
- Experience in Building Supply Manufacturing, Window/Door preferred but not required
- Training in Process Improvement methodologies a strong plus; Lean, Six Sigma, 5s, Kaizen, etc.
- Proven ability to manage and lead professionals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen / Team player and set the example of hard work, dedication and leadership
- Demonstrated history of successful operational results
- Bilingual is preferred but not required
The benefits for this role include a family-owned culture, competitive base salary with bonus incentives, M-F, 1st Shift schedule, plenty of opportunity to grow within the organization, and a benefits structure.
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.