Our client, Kinect Solar, is a unique, young, and dynamic independent distributor in the renewable energy space. On their behalf, we have been retained to find a seasoned, talented Director of Logistics, Warehouse Operations to be based in Los Angeles, California. At Kinect, you can expect to be part of a small and close-knit team that moves at a fast pace. The culture at Kinect Solar is a key factor to success, so we're seeking out a strong, dynamic team member that strives for excellence at every turn.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are a fast-growing B2B solar equipment trader and distributing company, who trades in solar equipment and carries a large inventory in renewable energy electrical components, electrical distribution, and power generation equipment including solar panels, inverters, and transformers. You'll work closely with its manufacturer and installation partners to move excess inventory to their customers who are typically solar installers in the U.S, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
This is a newly created role as a result of growth in the business, with a need to strengthen the leadership and strategic foundation further with the addition of an experienced Director. In this role, you will be accountable for operational excellence across the whole of our business: sourcing, supply chain, development and production logistics, inventory forecasting and purchasing, freight, fulfillment, pricing, and more. This position works closely with our Product, Sales, and Customer Experience teams. This role is for someone who revels in both strategy and execution and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Director of Operations will be overseeing the day to day operations of transportation, and warehousing. You will be responsible for:
- Directing and growing the current operations team
- Rate negotiation within all areas of logistics.
- Staying in consistent contact with vendors and carriers regarding service, inventory, and upcoming opportunities.
- Learning how to bid on special projects and RFP’s.
- The growth of storage locations cross country.
- Working cross-functionally across supply chain, design, sales, and finance to build the operational infrastructure for Kinect
- Assisting our CEO with back-office strategy, including vendor relations, insurance, and legal
- Rolling up your sleeves and helping to fill in gaps when needed
You are strategic, analytical, and relish in detailed-oriented task execution. You are described as: A problem solver. You take action. You see a problem and quickly move to resolve it. A self-starter. You continuously challenge and re-assess the status-quo, searching for better and more efficient solutions. A winsome leader. You possess the ability to influence, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions. All about the bottom line. You proactively look for ways to reduce costs and improve margin. A number ninja. You consider "excel" an art-form. You are able to take vast amounts of data and synthesize insights. Organized. You love knowing where everything is and you can explain why it's there to begin with. Flexible. You have a get-it-done, no-task-too-small attitude. A fun human. You don't take yourself too seriously but you are serious about getting things done.
· Masters (MBA) required or at least 10 years’ experience within logistics, on a management or director level.
· Ample experience in rate negotiation
· Existing relationships with carriers and other operations nationwide
· Experience in 3pl logistics and international freight
· Expert in damage control
· Special ability in customer relations
· Experience in the solar industry is a plus but not mandatory
· Ability to review and approve different agreements and contracts
· Knowledge to suggest different details to improve the ERP system once it is in place
SOME BENEFITS AND PERKS OF WORKING AT KINECT:
If interested and want to know more information about this amazing opportunity contact...
Aliyah Mccray Recruiter
786 475 1999 (Direct Dial)