DIRECTOR OF NURSING!!FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE!!GREAT BENEFITS!!!
Provides clinical emergency consultation, authorization of treatment procedures, advises on medical issues, treatment program revisions, & staff consultation.
- Is a member of the Management Team.
- Attends management team meetings and participates in Director-On-Call call schedule.
- Represents Nursing and the Medical Department and communicates issues to the management team regarding the Department.
- Performs tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Participates in budget and business plan discussions.
- Attends to the optimal functioning of the management team.
- Will administratively review and approve all Medical Department expenses.
- Has the responsibilities and duties of a Nursing Supervisor (but may delegate the duties).
- Staffing of Nursing, including RNs, med techs, medical assistants, and transport.
- Hiring staff so that positions are filled.
- Coaching staff for improvement and performing disciplinary actions.
- Staff Scheduling.
- Sets up Nursing staff meetings when needed.
- Attends to staff morale.
- Fills shifts when needed.
- Trains Nursing staff and employees.
- Med pass training.
- New employee orientation.
- Other training as needed.
- Maintains and updates Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains sections of Legal Guardian Packet that are written by Nursing.
- Works with Quality Improvement to improve care at our facility.
- Attends the Quality Improvement Committee Meeting and reports on Nursing.
- Assists our Infection Control Officer with ongoing infection control procedures and with the Annual Infection Control Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan.
- Prepares Nursing for audits by licensing agencies, JCAHO, and other reviewers.
- Responds when needed to Quality of Care reviews.
- Tracks medication errors.
- Oversees that immunizations, optometry, dental, and other appointments occur in a timely manner.
- Oversees that med pass is performed in a safe manner, according to our policies and procedures.
- Oversees that med requests and other medical concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Oversees proper documentation, whether on paper or on electronic media, as required by our organization.
- Follows RN Responsibilities and Duties when functioning in the role of staff nurse.
- Supports our philosophy of treatment and maintenance of healthy norms.
For more information, call Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x 116 and email your resume to Rene@apnusa.com.
- BA or higher in relative field.