Located in the mid-Atlantic, our 100 year old, omni-channel, big box client is thriving and performing at the highest levels financially and organizationally while others in this space struggle. With consistent comparable store sales gains and record profits over the last 10 years, they continue to open stores and expand their geographic footprint, providing a top-notch experience to both their customers and highly tenured employees.
Supports the development of the financial merchandise planning and execution phase of allocation and replenishment strategies. These strategies will determine how to effectively utilize inventory to support omni-channel merchandise plans, advertising plans and competitive initiates.
- Lead financial planning process based on historical data and business trends; create and maintain annual merchandise financial plans across all divisions.
- Develop and drive strategies to increase comp sales growth and in-stock positions in stores.
- Partner with Senior Merchants to ensure detailed and accurate forecasts and analysis; timely merchandise flow; and proper inventory levels of all basic, seasonal and trend programs, including hardlines and softlines.
- Support sales, margin and turn goals by partnering with Buyers/Merchants to create merchandise allocation and replenishment strategies; develop and maintain proper inventory levels by store location.
- Monitor new store performance to ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained.
- Direct high level analysis of business opportunities related to financials and distribution to maximize business results; create ad-hoc analysis to react to current and future business trends; present findings to DMMs/GMMs.
- Mentor, train, and develop team of 10 Merchandise Planners/Allocators.
- College degree; 5-10 years Omni-channel Merchandise Planning and leadership experience in big box formats, managing a wide variety of merchandise categories.
- Experience with JDA preferred.