Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill is looking for an experienced and competent Director of Materials. Key areas of responsibilities for this positions are establishing and promoting “end-to-end” supply chain management to ensure that product demands met, relevant product quality standards achieved, and relevant regulatory and compliance measures are met.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Manage/optimize supply chain, procurement, planning, demand management, master scheduling and shipping/receiving and warehousing/logistics.
- Identify/implement best in class technology, infrastructure suitable to the scope and size of the business plus disciplines that underlie a supply chain operation.
- Establish appropriate inventory targets, work to reduce inventory, and meet budgeted inventory targets.
- Proactively identify potential business issues and/or constraints, develop risk mitigation plans, and escalate, as appropriate.
- Drive operational excellence across the network.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met (Ex. MOS, ITAR’s etc.).
- Assure logistic chain synchronization.
- Estimates and plan demand.
- Controls orders pipeline and distribution.
- Supervise and mentor direct reports: Purchasing, Master Production Scheduling, Production Control, Receiving/stores/shipping.
- Member Corporate Procurement Council, rotating Co-Chair position monthly meetings, weekly reporting and Quarterly Council/member of Planning Council.
- Drive efficiencies through reduced cycle time, waste reduction, continuous improvement.
- Oversees strategic global outsourcing.
- 4 yr. college business degree or equivalent. MBA helpful.
- Professional license and certification.
- 5-10 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment preferably aerospace.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!