Director of Laboratory Operations
St. Louis, MO
A leader in the laboratory sciences and diagnostic testing is currently seeking a Director of Laboratory in St. Louis, MO. The ideal candidate will possess 10 years of current experience working in a diagnostic laboratory setting and 5 years of management experience in the operations of a laboratory.
About Our Client:AIM Laboratories
- AIM Labs was one of the first labs designated by the State of Missouri to provide COVID-19 testing.
- They operate a growing company based on truthfulness while offering a wide range of laboratory services.
- AIM Labs has now conducted more than 300,000 COVID-19 tests for urgent care facilities, healthcare providers, long-term care facilities, employers, and patients.
- AIM Labs offers quality testing methodologies with rapid turnaround time and support from a dedicated team of scientists and researchers.
- Operated in St. Louis, MO with a diverse culture including great schools, great healthcare, food, music, events, and more!Responsibilities of the Director of Laboratory Operations
Requirements of the Director of Laboratory
- Manages the day-to-day operations and integrates laboratory services of 3 diagnostic laboratories to assure timely delivery of results.
- Maintains appropriate compliance with regulatory standards
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the role the laboratory services in the provision of quality healthcare
- Oversees Lab management and development for lean operations keeping a high utilization level of instruments and equipment
- Coordinates and directs daily operations including decision-making, responses to problems, identifying errors, and taking corrective action.
- Provides direct supervision of non-technical staff and operational supervision of technical staff in cooperation with clinical coordinators and supervisors, including scheduling, counseling, and disciplinary action
- 5 years of management experience in laboratory operations required
- 10 years of operations experience in the laboratory, life sciences, CRO, or pharma industry is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Master’s Degree is preferred