The Director of Internal Audit Services partners with the Chief Audit Executive in developing, managing and executing the annual audit plan, including financial, operational and compliance audits.
- Leads all aspects of audit execution (from planning to report issuance) for all assigned audits.
- Performs a risk assessment of various markets, processes and functions.
- Responsible for engagement scheduling and associated project management.
- Partners with Chief Audit Executive on talent management including recruiting, career development and succession plans.
- Participates in special projects and enterprise initiatives.
- Conduct general risk assessments and develop audit plans.
- Recruit, develop and motivate audit service professionals.
- Participate in other company information system initiatives/projects.
- Assure work performed meets standards set forth by the Institute of Internal Auditors and department standards (including documentation).
- Quickly recognize the existence of a problem, its business relevance, and determine a logical solution.
- Ensure that opportunities for making control and operational improvements are identified.
- Provide reports on audit results and make recommendations.
- Participates in special audit projects and coordinates investigations as requested.
- Be a key participant in enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Degree - BS/BA or equivalent, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Certification – Professional certification preferred (CPA or CIA)
- Language – English required, fluency in second language preferred.
- Regulations – Knowledge of applicable business laws and regulations required.
- 10+ years of internal and/or external audit or 10-15 years of experience in senior finance/accounting roles with leadership responsibilities.
– Ability to present concisely and descriptively in both oral and written format to all levels of management.
– Ability to analyze complex processes and to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the process and related controls.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.). Flowcharting capability a plus. Experience with SAP, Tableau and TeamMate a plus.
- Ability to travel 20 - 30% of the time.