Director of Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU)
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Intermediate Care Unit Director for a great opportunity in the Houston, TX area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU)
- Effective strategic planning process for the Department and participates in strategic planning for Nursing Services.
- The operational management of the Department to ensure high quality, cost effective patient care service and a safe and efficient work environment.
- The personnel management of the Department consistent with Nursing Services and Hospital philosophy, goals and policy.
- The financial management of the Department to ensure desired fiscal status while providing optimum clinical service.
- The Department in advocating for patients / families and maintaining ethical practice.
- Positive guest and peer relations.
Requirements of the Director of Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU)
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license in the state of TX
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required; Masters degree strongly preferred
- BLS and ACLS Required
- 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital
- 3+ years of experience working in a leadership role