Director of Intensive Care Unit ICU
Central, GA area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Intensive Care Unit ICU for a great opportunity in the Central, GA area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a Intensive Care Unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Intensive Care Unit ICU
- The ICU Director will develop and support the strategic direction and operational needs of the Critical Care department.
- The Director is also responsible for ensuring adherence to CCU/PCU/Telemetry/AIC/DHU nursing standards of care.
- In this position you will implement, assess, evaluate, plan, develop and organize programs and services to assure our mission is achieved.
- You will implement, assess, evaluate, plan, develop, and organize programs and services
- You will recruit and assure competence of customer-focused staff, analyze, organizational performance issues, develop quality improvement indicators, and develop and maintain department budgets
- You will be responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the assigned patient care area(s)
- You will assume the role of leader in planning, organizing, coaching and facilitating your department functions and staff to ensure quality service during operational hours
- You will have an intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing
Requirements of the Director of Intensive Care Unit ICU
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
- A current BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association (AHA or American Red Cross) are required
- 3+ years of experience in nursing in an acute care setting
- 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Applicable specialty certification preferred