Director of Information Technology
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Information Technology for a great opportunity in Eastern NC. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital in the IT department and 3+ years of experience working in a IT department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Information Technology
- Responsible for the overall planning and organizing the Information Technology function for an entity of the health system in alignment with system-wide IT strategy and enterprise architecture. Serves as the primary contact for entity leadership into the IT organization, and supports the implementation of system-wide and entity-specific IT initiatives by organizing and communicating to key entity leadership and operational functions.
- Communication - Effectively communicates expectations and responsibilities to subordinates. Actively listens and addresses issues and concerns promptly. Establishes a shared vision with employees.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with health system and external accrediting agency guidelines and regulations. Develops, maintains, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures related to IT security/privacy.
- Customer Focus - Creates exceptional customer relations and maintains those relationships through continuing improvement efforts. Exhibits courtesy, cooperation, and respect towards customers.
- Leadership - Directs entity-level business analysis and overall IT communications, develops goals and objectives, and administers policies, procedures and processes as needed. Maintains overall IT relationship with entity leadership.
- Strategic Planning & Financial Awareness - Aligns entity-level objectives with organizational strategic plans. Develops operating budget and capital requests. Monitors financial performance and adjusts resources to maximize profitability while maintaining exceptional quality and service.
- Technical Support Administration - Consults and provides technical support on technical aspects of entity-specific IT contracts. Oversees project budgets once established and implements projects in accordance with established project plan.
Requirements of the Director of Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
- If an Associate's degree: Twelve (12) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Sixteen (16) years of related experience and five (5) years of progressive management experience.
- Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.