Director of Infection Prevention
Western, FL area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Infection Prevention for a great opportunity in the Western, FL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working as an Infection Preventionist in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Infection Prevention
- Responsible for the Infection Prevention Program for the organization
- The Director of Infection Prevention is responsible for the coordination of the hospital-wide Infection Control Program which includes surveillance, analysis, and reporting of nosocomial infections, education of staff, and the development of health system policies and procedures to ensure rigorous infection control standards that meet regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Develops, conducts annual reviews, and revisions to, policies and procedures governing control of infection and communicable diseases, as indicated.
- Conducts annual risk analysis based on geographic location, community, populations served, care, treatment and services provided, analysis of surveillance activities, and other infection control data
- Prioritizes goals and documents risks per the Infection Prevention Plan based on the annual risk analysis
- Works collaboratively with IP Team and Department Leaders to develop, maintain, revise, and enforce infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison with regulatory, state, and county agencies as relates to communicable disease reporting
Requirements of the Director of Infection Prevention
- 3 years' of Infection Prevention Department nursing experience leadership required
- 5 years' of Infection Prevention Department nursing experienced required
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred