Director of Infection Prevention
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Infection Prevention for a great opportunity in Dallas, TX. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working as an Infection Prevention Department
in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Infection Prevention
Requirements of the Director of Infection Prevention
- The Director of Infection Prevention is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and oversight of the organization's infection prevention program in order to support the mission, vision, and values.
- The Director provides leadership and supports departments through the promotion of infection prevention initiatives throughout the organization.
- The Director supports the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety, and rights of the individual, family, or community.
- The Director will develop and maintain policies and procedures that support successful quality/patient safety outcomes and ongoing improvement in the delivery of healthcare to patients, identification of areas of opportunity, and coordination and execution of regulatory compliance programs as related to Federal, State, and other agencies.
- Provides ongoing surveillance of infection disease present in the hospital and takes appropriate steps to contain and prevent the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents in accordance with CDC guidelines and hospital policies.
- Perform other duties of Director of Infection Prevention included.
- BSN is required
- Master’s Degree in Public Health/Nursing/related field Preferred
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) - MUST have within 18 months of hire
- 5 years hospital experience in infection prevention and healthcare environment - Must-Have Acute Care Experience
- Must have leadership experience
- Should have experience with budgeting
- Knowledgeable about: a) epidemiologic principles and infectious diseases, b) sterilization, sanitation and disinfection practices
- knowledgeable in adult education principles and patient care practice and understanding of microbiology and biostatistics