Reporting to the Vice President of IT of a transportation organization.
The Director of IT leads 5 direct reports to manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides an efficient and effective technical support service and manages a $1 million TMS/software package. The goal is to lead the group to ensure the organization is in the leading edge to ensure divisions are operating as smooth as possible. This person hires and trains IT staff. Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT team. Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive. Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy. Leads development and implementation of processes for the organization’s IT systems and department. Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss. Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure. Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs. Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information. Facilitates IT security audits or investigations. Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers. Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP). Performs other related duties as assigned. Travel 10 %.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Information Technology (8 years)
- Project Management Organization; forming, oversight and management.
- Long-term IT planning and strategy
- Corporate policies & standards to maximize effectiveness & minimize IT costs.
- Disaster recovery, business continuity planning, incident management.
- Cyber security & risk management guidelines-best practices.
- Data center operations
- Residence: Detroit, MI (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Transportation background.
- Experience running multiple TMS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals.
- If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Kyle Christoffel
Truckload & Dedicated kchristoffel@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.181Click here to apply online