Director of IT Infrastructure
Lead a global team with responsibility for infrastructure (Network, Firewall, Telcom, Server, Storage, Backup, Directory Services, Office365, and Client) architecture and engineering.
Evaluate, replace, and enhance current processes, procedures and methodologies as needed to provide a consistent level of system security and availability. Responsible for budgeting and actuals reporting for their organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages a team of managers, architects, and engineers to develop strategy and technology roadmaps for all Client, Network, Telecom, Server and Storage technologies (Other services: Directory Services, Office365, OKTA, SAP, Firewalls, Automation)
- Ensures security standards are created and implemented across all infrastructure technology platforms.
- Translates business requirements into technology solutions.
- Plans and recommends hardware, systems management software and architecture.
- Approve designs for architecture to ensure compliance with industry best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Ensures monitoring of system performance and capacity planning including proactively making recommendations for improvement.
- Plans and manages the integration of new technologies with goal of improving performance and/or reducing operating expense.
- Ensures teams work to improve system monitoring and automation.
- Provides management with performance tracking reports and trending of systems.
- This position has ownership of all IT infrastructure, telecom and Information Technology cost centers.
- Cost center management includes budget planning, forecasting, and verifying of actuals.
- Collaborate with Dir of Information Security on future strategic roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Dir of IT Operations to ensure systems are monitored and maintained with SMART processes.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience in a variety of technologies including: client devices, network, servers, & storage
- Minimum 7 years in device and deployment engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience managing ITSM processes
- Minimum 5 years experience managing technologies and deployment teams
- Minimum 5 years experience with budgeting, expense management, and contract management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication – including facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a global, multi-site, cross functional, matrixed organization of employees, contractors and service providers
- Proven leader able to recruit and develop a highly effective team delivery excellent customer satisfaction.
- Willingness and ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Able to prioritize and drive issues, tasks and deliverables from concept to closure
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components including security, client, network, server and storage.
- Calm in crisis situations
- Vendor management experience…
- Flawless execution, resourcefulness and creativity in achieving high quality, desirable results
- Leadership – consultative/partner approach to clients
- Contributes to the effectiveness of internal controls
- Ability to travel, including international
Education Requirements: Undergraduate degree is required ideally in computer science, information systems, business administration or related discipline with an IT focus