Director of Human Resources
Hospital Experience is required
Critical Access Hospital Experience is strongly preferred.
The Director of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function at the facility level. Responsibilities include effective partnering with leadership, staff and vendors, managing organizational change, shaping culture and promoting programs and processes that foster an engaged workforce as evidenced by the facility retention and turnover metrics.
- Participates in Emergency Preparedness Drills. Demonstrates through practice drills and upon request understanding of his/her role in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Facilitates departmental and hospital educational activities and in-services in conjunction with the Education Department.
- Responsible for development, review and revision of departmental written policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the department has equipment, supplies necessary to provide consistent quality and service delivery.
- Reports any unsafe situations or safety hazards immediately. Labels and removes any malfunctioning equipment from service and notifies Engineering.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as an advocate for the employee, management and the facility while simultaneously balancing the business interests of the Hospital and encouraging problem resolution through the chain of command.
- Formulates partnerships within the facility, region, and with Corporate to deliver value added service to leadership and employees that reflect the business objectives of the health system.
- Oversees facility recruitment and retention and provides timely updates and information to applicants, employees, managers, and senior leaders.
- Identifies and determines the scope of organizational issues, leveraging service area and system HR resources to deliver effective solutions to drive necessary cultural change and outcomes. Influences operational outcomes that improve efficiency, productivity and reduces cost.
- Advises leaders on and ensures compliance with HR policies, procedures and practices. Provides direction and support to management with interpretation of policies and procedures. Provides education and advice on proper documentation and/or legal requirements for performance improvement and termination process.
- May be responsible for multiple locations, as well as oversight of Compliance, Employee Health, Volunteers, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures facility compliance employing HR “best practices” in all HR areas.
- Provides daily support to the Human Resources Department by ensuring all documentation, files, correspondence, and reports are accurate and are disseminated as appropriate in compliance with departmental procedure and State and Federal requirements.
- Responsible for accurate and timely maintenance and tracking of Human Resources information in partnership with management and payroll, when applicable, to ensure overall quality service is provided. Maintenance and tracking to include, but not be limited to: Leaves of Absences, Service Awards Program, Turnover Data with backup support to the HR Generalist to include, but not be limited to: Employee Status Changes, New Hires, Benefit Enrollment, Orientation Scheduling, Badges/Security Access Cards, Education Reimbursement, Referral Bonus Program, etc.
- Regularly monitors employee satisfaction and engagement and works to ensure communications and employees relations are focused on maintaining a union free environment.
- Coordinates the annual employee engagement survey to assess employee morale and provides support to leadership in the development of departmental and facility action plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policies and provides accurate policy interpretation. Solicits full information by asking the right questions to get enough information to determine the nature of the issue and its complexity. Utilizing sound judgment, determines if the System HR Director needs to become further involved.
- Responsible for Human Resources section of the New Hire Employee Orientation to include, but not be limited to: Human Resources policies and procedures, payroll procedures, and benefit plans. Ensures all information is current.
- Oversees the annual evaluation and merit process ensuring leadership has the tools and resources necessary to provide appropriate employee evaluations that accurately represent staff performance for the review period.
- Ensures that Human Resource Information System (HRIS) is effectively utilized to maximize the accurate tracking and reporting of employee data.
- Ensures that employee confidentiality is maintained in all aspects.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in related field required.
- Master's degree from an accredited College or University in related field preferred.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience in Human Resources required.
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in Human Resources required, acute care experience preferred.
- Critical Access Hospital Experience is strongly preferred.
Hoss Melton, Recruiter
Healthcare Specialty Practice
McCall & Lee Healthcare
West Coast Office 323-515-8299 Mobile 805-205-4699