Director of Folding
- Are you a TEAM BUILDER and PACE-SETTER for those around you? Does growing a WINNING Team of folding employees excite you?
- Please help us organize and orchestrate our envelope production facility to build the best envelopes. If you are passionate about your work and can deliver on time, under budget, and to The Company’s high standard of QUALITY, you should work with us! If you’re ready to be a part of building something special (an excellent team), then you belong at The Company Industries!
- As an employee at The Company, you will be a part of a fast-growing organization that values giving back, believing in something greater than yourself, and a never-ending quest for excellence. If you love working with creative, passionate people in fun and winning environment, then The Company Industries is the place for you!
- The Director of Folding position is a critical role that sets the pace and flow of all facets of our projects and anticipates the needs and expectations of other internal and external partners. With oversight of the folding process for all active jobs ensuring resource allocation, compliance, quality, safety, timeliness, and efficiency, this key leader is responsible for the direct management of the folders, warehouse oversight and protection, and implementing adequate procedures for folding teams.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for the folding adjusters and operators.
- It has led, managed, and trained the folding team and established practical and effective processes to increase efficiency and ensure cohesivity through clear communication, expectations, and feedback.
- Run production meetings providing updates on job status, budget, timelines, and needs.
- Oversee and effectively manage resources, change orders, and scheduling.
- Manage budget regarding material purchases, labor hours, and overtime.
- Plan work orders for multiple, simultaneous jobs and schedule with cutting and press departments.
- Manage equipment readiness, condition, and troubleshooting repairs.
- Maintained shop safety standards and housekeeping.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to direct reports and identify gaps and training requirements for teams and individuals.
- Identify and schedule facility needs.
- Create and execute processes and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Team management – foster a team environment that embodies the “The Company Industries Way,” creating a positive work environment that strives for excellence and encourages personal and professional growth.
- Accuracy – work with excellence to maintain a high accuracy regarding resource allocation for all aspects of operations, including budget, labor, change orders, troubleshooting, and communications to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Quality – maintain minimum client satisfaction rating goal of 99%.
- Safety – ensure a safe and clean working environment managing zero incidents.
- Training – ensure appropriate training for all folding operators and adjusters, ensuring all receive the tools needed for safety and development success.
- Experience overseeing manufacturing employees.
- High energy, organized, and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer-centric mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Electrical and Mechanical experience is helpful but optional.
- Bi-lingual is a plus but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in a high-volume facility, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience successfully leading and managing a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Language Skills Required: Spanish & English
Click here to apply online
- Monday – Friday 10 – 12 hours/day
- Occasional Saturday morning production, depending on production commitments