If you are an ambitious financial professional with a great desire to continue learning and growing, this is the company for you! We are looking for an outstanding individual that enjoys working in a progressive growth environment and will also embrace the opportunity to position themselves for a larger financial role in the organization.
This position will be responsible for overall financial management of the company including budgeting, costing, forecasting, financial analysis, reporting and financial planning. Will also be required to develop and implement all financial processes while directing and overseeing all functional areas including costing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collections, payroll and billing functions within the company as needed to support and ultimately achieve profitable growth and strategic goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing and directing corporate investment accounts and shareholder support.
This role reports to the COO and has reporting responsibility over a minimum of three positions.
Director Duties and Responsibilities
• As a part of the Executive Staff, participate in planning/formulating the strategic direction of the company and organization policies while leading the annual budgeting process and management.
• Maintain and foster effective working relationship/communication with key support functions to improve operations and ensure effective support of the manufacturing process.
• Develop departmental and business metrics that help the company make informed business decisions.
• Review recommendations or assist in creating business cases for capital expenditures and customer projects.
• Assume personal responsibility for modeling and driving company values and leadership practices, Link mission, objectives, and expectations to the broader organization
• Establish and maintain policies, procedures and practices relating to the management of all finance related functions including cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, credit, billing, general ledger, and fixed asset accounting.
• Lead the finance team in providing timely response to internal and external customers; evaluate team performance as part of ongoing performance management; and recommend training/development for each team member.
• Prepare reports, which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income and expenses based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Review and approve commission payments to sales representatives.
• Determine depreciation rates of assets, maintain fixed asset data base.
• Prepare financial statements, income tax returns, payroll tax reports, and other reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Maintain inventory records.
• Advise management about health, property, and worker’s compensation insurance coverage.
• Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions as needed to maximize the company’s gains and minimizes losses.
• Work with internal and external auditors to verify financial reports and tax returns.
• Conduct special accounting studies and prepare reports as requested.
• This role requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 10+ years of financial experience, or equivalent.
• CPA or CMA preferred Strong sales, negotiation, critical thinking, and planning and organization skills.
• Minimum of 10 years progressive accounting and management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Strong ability to think critically, communicate clearly and effectively both verbally & in writing.
• Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing industry practices and processes.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially excel.
• Strong working knowledge of an ERP system.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with others & also independently.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.