Our client, one of the most successful producers of Hemp and Cannabis-derived products in Canada is searching for a Director of Extraction & Post Processing, to lead their team in beautiful Saskatoon SK.
The Director of Extraction & Post Processing is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of extractions and processing for Cannabis-derived products at their state-of-the-art processing (Health Canada licensed) facility. Reporting to the leadership team, this role involves leading a team of 10 in the distillation, crystallization and chromatographic purification of cannabinoids in its facility, designed with the goal of achieving the highest food processing certifications and adhering to a comprehensive QA program - from seed-to-sale.
You will play an integral role in the production of high-quality cannabis-derived products. You will be responsible for the overall extraction and production of cannabis-derived products while working closely with QA to ensure compliance with stringent regulations and management of extraction operations through to initial packaging.
To be considered for this position, your career profile demonstrates:
More details? Please contact Edward at 1.306.700.4766 to discuss this position and your potential success. Full details regarding the client, and detailed position duties, will be provided to those who demonstrate the required experience. This is an immediate opportunity!Our client offers a professional, collaborative environment, with a highly competitive salary, KPI/corporate bonus, as well as full benefits. Your experience, along with your attributes for leadership, collaboration, and teamwork along with an eye for the future, is needed in this exciting role.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Science or Engineering,
- Hands-on experience in cannabis extraction and post-processing (Experience with Cryogenic Ethanol is preferred but hydrocarbon extraction, Co2 extraction, and/or Ultrasonics may be considered, as well as hands-on experience with post-processing (distillation and crystallization) or, experience in a relevant field, such as management of a petroleum refining, mining or petrochemical facilities (i.e. strong knowledge of distillation methods) or, other/similar botanical extraction and purification experience.
- Strong background in analytical chemistry, inc. formulation, small molecules, food science, veterinary, topicals, nutrition, and/or natural health products
- Familiar with developing intellectual property for patents
- Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Production Practices, Good Documentation Practices (GMP, GPP, GDP)
- Current understanding of the Health Canada Cannabis Act and GPPs
- Hands-on experience with cannabinoid purification
- Ability to prioritize multiple project deliverables with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to plan and organize and process product development projects
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient use of MS Office software
- Familiarity with FDA regulations
- Experience working in a cGMP or ISO regulated work environment
- In addition, your background and experience includes leadership, mentorship and collaboration, production and shift planning in a high-capacity environment, and an ability to work with all stakeholders, internal and external, to maximize the quality of staff, process and product.
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online