Strategic planning and execution of engineering and research and development work plans including oversight of new product development activities, production engineering, manufacturing engineering and prototyping and test. Responsible for developing and maintaining work plans, setting priorities, setting goals and adhering to commitments and deadlines. Sets and follows prescribed work methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Click here to apply online
- Promote professional development of entire engineering team for business unit. Continually challenge engineering team by constantly raising the bar of performance and leading by example.
- Manage day-to-day activities of Engineering team. Provide necessary resources, direction, technical expertise and deadlines as well as all necessary support in primary role of designing and developing Products.
- Oversee account, production and manufacturing engineering activities through 2nd tier functional leadership team. Set priorities for leadership team in these functional areas.
- Work closely with front line management to make sure division and business unit goals and performance are supported by departmental goals and performance.
- Set strategic goals for entire department in support of business unit and division goals.
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce lead time, improve communication and smooth workflow through organization.
- Promote “Design for Lean Manufacturing” methodology and ensure its use.
- Support and contribute to development and implementation of design standards.
- Support and participate in Design Review Process between engineering and other departments.
- Work closely with quality and regulatory departments. Requires in depth knowledge of regulatory codes as they apply to Company's Products.
- Review and approve incoming requests. Set work assignments for these requests among the engineers.
- Support engineering request database and further development of same as needed.
- Manage project specific budgets and timelines for certain research and development projects.
- Interacts with engineering and manufacturing to solve complex mechanical and electrical problems.
- Assists purchasing in price negotiations and identification of new sources.
- Coordinates with Human Resources, all aspects of employee relations including, but not limited to, employee interviewing, hiring, coaching, counseling, disciplinary action, complaints, scheduling, training and development etc.
- Regular and reliable attendance on the job site, including by not limited to customer sites, is required.